How To Make Money Off My Blog – Here’s my promise to you: this blog post is the most helpful, comprehensive, detailed, realistic, actionable, resource-rich blog post you’ll ever read. Sounds good?! I also share exactly how much I make part-time blogging and how you can too.
I’ve read probably 50 posts on how to make money blogging and walked away with basically NOTHING. They tell me to pick the right name, use WordPress and get a hosting company and that’s it! What about SEO, how to get affiliate links, what ad service to use, Lightroom presets, free photo sources, the best plugins, Pinterest strategies, increased traffic…?
How To Make Money Off My Blog
After six years of blogging, I have hundreds of ideas and tips. I want to share with you ALL the practical information I have gleaned from trial and error, research and blogging friends during this time!
Reasons Why Your Blog Is Not Making Money
I have never spent more money on my blog than I came in with. I currently pay no regular fees for my site except for hosting and email. I’ll show you how!
Ready? Because this is not a short post with things you already know. It’s soft, it takes notes, buckle up and pay attention because this is very exciting!
I went to journalism school for graphics and worked as a graphic designer at newspapers for a decade before the kids. Working with deadlines, photographers, reporters and editors has been extremely helpful to me in the blog world. In a way, the blog is its own little newspaper.
It’s true, blogging isn’t for everyone. In fact, it isn’t for most people. You have to do it because you love it, not because you want easy money. You have to be self-disciplined. You have to be willing to spend “me time” doing it.
Faq’s About Blogging As A Business (including How I Make Money)
BUT! If you want it, you can do it! You have a unique voice and talent. Everyone has something valuable to say and learn. Don’t worry about the sea of blogs out there, focus on what you want to be yours.
I’ll help you make a plan, show you free tools and how to get traffic, but it’s all just to showcase YOUR ideas!
You can listen to all the best blogging advice in the world, but if you’re not creating killer content, it’s all for naught.
Before we get to the fun stuff, we have to talk about technology. After all, you can’t have a blog without a website!
How To Blog Anonymously And Still Make Money
1. Choose the name of your blog. Think long and hard about this. It should work for everything you write now and in the future. You can’t change it later without ruining your Google position that you’ve worked so hard for. (Example: If you’re not going to blog about being a mom in 8 years, don’t include “mom” in the name.) You’ll also have to make sure the name isn’t taken and check that the URL is available.
2. Write a tag for your blog. While you’re thinking about your name, go ahead and spend some time writing a tagline. This will help define your blog content for yourself and your readers! Mine is: “Amazing Family, Decor & Organizing Ideas for Moms on a Budget.” It’s short, but it tells readers exactly what I’m offering.
3. Choose a host. I use Blue Host. Don’t use a free service, you need your own domain name. For example, if I used Blogspot, my URL would be .blogspot.com. Free but not professional.
5. Choose a theme. A few places to find a theme: Alien WP, WooCommerce, Restored 316, Just Free Themes.
Passive Income Blogging: How My Blog Earned Over $1,000 While I Was Sick
6. Start building your site! Think about what you want in your sidebar: a photo, a quick hello message, a subscription form (more on that in a minute), search, recent posts, social media following… I’d suggest putting the basics down, keep it simple. Then you can start your posts. Very exciting!
7. Take the time to get an email with your domain name. It looks more professional than a gmail account. You can do this through Blue Host.
I’m not super tech savvy, but I do have access to YouTube! You can Google anything, you just have to be willing to take the time to watch it, learn it, and apply it to your site.
DO NOT add too many plugins or it will slow down your website. Fast loading times are critical to keeping readers on your site. I have 24 and that’s too much.
How I Make Money With A Hobby Blog (as A Stay At Home Mom)
Akismet Anti-Spam: Protects your blog from spam. This saves me so much time from deleting hundreds of spam comments. (You choose your price.)
All in One WP Security: Adds security to your site, even emails your monthly site backups! (free)
Google Analytics Dashboard for WP (GADWP): Displays Google Analytics reports and real-time statistics on your dashboard. It automatically inserts the tracking code on every page of your website. (free)
Social Warfare: These are the colored bars I have at the bottom of my posts with how many times it’s been shared. It makes it easy for readers to share your content. It is a very versatile plugin. (Just to save you time, I didn’t care about Shareaholic, another popular one. It kind of took over my site, adding its own links and buttons.)
How To Start A Food Blog & Make Money With It
Sign up for Google Analytics right now. It measures all your statistics – visitors, page views, SEO, most popular pages, readers in real time…
You need this for your knowledge, but also for all advertising and sponsorships. It’s a testament to companies how many eyes will see their content. You will not be accepted without it.
It should be fancy. In fact, it’s better, more versatile, and looks more professional when it’s simple! You can only use a certain font. Yes, it really is that easy! That’s essentially what I did and it worked from day one. Spend some time on this because you don’t want to change your look often for branding purposes. Also note, you legally need to own the rights to the font. So either buy it or keep reading for free royalty free font sources.
2. I suggest sticking to two or three fonts. Don’t try a new one every week and make sure they go well with your WordPress theme.
How Many Pageviews Do You Need To Make Money Blogging?
3. Edit your photos consistently. A defined Lightroom setup can help with this. More on that in a minute.
4. Stick to a color scheme. I use mostly white with touches of green, light blue and blush. If you can’t decide, look around your house. What colors do you naturally love and choose?
5. Have a similar style on all platforms (blog and social media). It is even best to use the same image for all platforms (your blog comments, Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook…). You brand your blog.
Photos are an integral part of blogging success. Period. I’ll show you what I use and give you tips for more professional looking photos.
How To Make Money Blogging (2022 Guide)
You don’t need a professional camera to start blogging. You can even use your phone at first, but ALWAYS shoot in natural light.
I am not a professional photographer. I’m an amateur who takes most of her photos in automatic mode (gasp!). I know the pros are shaking their heads right now, but this is an area I plan to grow in.
I have been saving money from my blog all year to save up for my current Canon. Right now I usually shoot with this lens that comes with my Rebel, and this pancake lens on occasion.
2. Take A LOT of pictures. A few of each shot to make sure one is in focus. And from every angle. The more you take, the more likely you are to get a shot. I end up using a small percentage of the images I take.
How To Make Money On Your Blog • Suger Coat It
3. Make sure your photos are taken. My photos are always slightly skewed to one side no matter how hard I try to shoot straight! The most basic thing you can do to help your photos is to straighten them with the crop tool when editing.
4. When editing photos on a computer, make sure your whites are really white and not too blue or yellow. You can do this by adjusting the cast. This is so important.
5. Take things from different angles. I always climb on stools and bar stools to get a different vantage point. Get down on your knees to shoot kids or even furniture. Don’t forget to shoot vertically for Pinterest too! And use the magic of flat bearings!
6. Rearrange it. Take a minute to try photography in a different way. Flowers there, less things on the vanity, add a basket from the living room… I don’t know why, but I almost always prefer how my photos look after the second or third arrangement.
Top Tips To Make Money With Google Adsense
MORE: I show you how I cheat the flatbed system with things like note paper and things I find on the side of the road in the post office.
Whether you’re shooting with your phone or a professional camera, it’s a good idea to use Adobe Lightroom and find a good preset that suits your style.
. I’m addicted for sure. Meanwhile, the Lightroom app is free
How to make my blog, how to make blog and earn money, make money with my blog, how to start my own blog and make money, how to make my own blog, how to make money writing a blog, how to make money from my blog, how to make money off a blog, how to make money with blog writing, how to make money off your blog, make money from my blog, how do you make money off a blog